Thoughts from the employees and customers of Katy Budget BooksAsk the bookseller We want to hear your book-related thoughts
This week, you can finally own:
- A Good Debutante’s Guide to Ruin by Sophie Jordan: The last woman on earth he would ever touch … Declan, the Duke of Banbury, has no interest in ushering Rosalie Hughes, his stepsister, into society.Dumped on him with nowhere else to go, he’s determined to rid himself of the headstrong debutante by bestowing on her an obscenely large dowry … making her the most sought-after heiress of the Season. … is about to become the only one he wants… But Rosalie isn’t about to go along with Declan’s plans. Surrounded by fortune hunters, how is she supposed to find a man who truly wants her? Taking control of her fate, Rosalie dons a disguise and sneaks into Sodom, a private club host to all manner of illicit activity—and frequented by her infuriatingly handsome stepbrother. In a shadowed alcove, Declan can’t resist the masked temptress who sets his blood afire … any more than Rosalie can deny her longing for a man who will send her into ruin.
- Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead: Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives. In The Fiery Heart, Sydney risked everything to follow her gut, walking a dangerous line to keep her feelings hidden from the Alchemists. Now in the aftermath of an event that ripped their world apart, Sydney and Adrian struggle to pick up the pieces and find their way back to each other. But first, they have to survive. For Sydney, trapped and surrounded by adversaries, life becomes a daily struggle to hold on to her identity and the memories of those she loves. Meanwhile, Adrian clings to hope in the face of those who tell him Sydney is a lost cause, but the battle proves daunting as old demons and new temptations begin to seize hold of him… . Their worst fears now a chilling reality, Sydney and Adrian face their darkest hour in this heart-pounding fifth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where all bets are off.
- Return of the Padawan by Jeffery Brown: Author/illustrator Jeffrey Brown returns in the highly anticipated sequel to the NY Times Bestseller Star Wars: Jedi Academy! It’s time to return to middle school in a galaxy far, far away… . After surviving his first year at Jedi Academy, Roan Novachez thought his second year would be a breeze. He couldn’t have been more wrong. Roan feels like he’s drifting apart from his friends, and it’s only made worse when Roan discovers he’s not the amazing pilot he thought he’d be. When the school bullies take him under their wing, he decides they aren’t so bad after all—or are they? This year, Roan will have to face alien poetry tests, menacing robots, food fights, flight simulation class, online bullies, more lightsaber duels, and worst of all … a girl who is mad at him. This incredible, original story captures all of the humor, awkwardness, fun, and frustrations of middle school—all told through one boy’s comics, journal entries, letters, sketches, e-mails, and more.
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty: Big Little Lies follows three women, each at a crossroads: Madeline is a force to be reckoned with. She’s funny and biting, passionate, she remembers everything and forgives no one. Her ex-husband and his yogi new wife have moved into her beloved beachside community, and their daughter is in the same kindergarten class as Madeline’s youngest (how is this possible?). And to top it all off, Madeline’s teenage daughter seems to be choosing Madeline’s ex-husband over her. (How. Is. This. Possible?). Celeste is the kind of beautiful woman who makes the world stop and stare. While she may seem a bit flustered at times, who wouldn’t be, with those rambunctious twin boys? Now that the boys are starting school, Celeste and her husband look set to become the king and queen of the school parent body. But royalty often comes at a price, and Celeste is grappling with how much more she is willing to pay. New to town, single mom Jane is so young that another mother mistakes her for the nanny. Jane is sad beyond her years and harbors secret doubts about her son. But why? While Madeline and Celeste soon take Jane under their wing, none of them realizes how the arrival of Jane and her inscrutable little boy will affect them all. Big Little Lies is a brilliant take on ex-husbands and second wives, mothers and daughters, schoolyard scandal, and the dangerous little lies we tell ourselves just to survive.
For those of you who are local, here’s what we have coming up in store:
- Tuesday, July 29, 8 am - 8 pm: Teachers Just Want to Have Fun Day. To show our appreciation for everything that you do, we’ve dedicated a day just for you. Join us for a delicious continental breakfast 8:00am - 9:00am. Continue the fun with your complementary $25.00 paperback or $12.50 hardcover used book credit*, along with a 20% discount off all new items. (With ID). Additional stock will be available for your shopping pleasure. Don’t miss the gift drawings happening every hour. Spread the word around your school. Bring a friend…or two…or three! *Teachers must have a valid ID in order to participate. Homeschoolers must have ID from a homeschooler’s organization. Credit applies towards used books only. When using credit, 10% handling fee and tax to be paid at check-out.
- Wednesday, July 30, 10 - 11 am: Deborah Masterson joins storytime with her picture book, My Brother Bobby Bought a Pet Snake.
- Thursday, July 31, 10 - 11 am: Middle Reader Book Club discusses One Plus One Equals Blue by MJ Auch and makes stained glass projects!
- Saturday, August 2, 1 - 3 pm: Mike Shackleford Holt discusses and signs his inspirational book, Tasha: The Canine Angel Who Saved My Life.
- Wednesday, August 6, 7 - 8 pm: Young Adult Book Club discusses Cracked by KM Walton.
- Thursday, August 7, 10 - 11 am: Middle Reader Book Club discusses The Provider by Katie Lea Yates and paints.
- Thursday, August 7, 7 - 8 pm: Mystery Matters Book Club discusses Ill-Gotten Panes by Jennifer McAndrews.
- Sunday, August 10, 3 - 5 pm: Historical romance authors Shana Galen and Sophie Jordan sign their latest releases, Love and Let Spy and A Good Debutante’s Guide to Ruin.
- Wednesday, August 13, 7 - 8 pm: Shadow Pages Book Club discusses Libriomancer by Jim Hines.
- Thursday, August 14, 6 - 7 pm: James Patterson’s Middle School: Save Rafe! Party. KBB celebrates the newest in James Patterson’s hilarious Middle School series, Save Rafe. We will read from the book, have a snack, activity games and more!
- Wednesday, August 20, 7 - 8 pm: Young Adult Book Club discusses The Provider by Katie Lea Yates.
- Tuesday, August 26, 7 - 8 pm: I’ll Take Romance Book Club discusses Lotus Palace by Jeannie Lin.
← Older entries Page 1 of 150